Hotels, Pensions, Lodges, Game Lodges, Guest Houses & National Parks Resorts
Accommodation is a very important aspect of any holiday!
We understand that the best way to get the most out of your day is to get a good nights sleep!
We offer an efficient accommodation booking service with competitive prices throughout Southern Africa.
The accommodation types that we offer vary from City Hotels, Guesthouses, Pensions, Guest Farms, Tented Camps, Safari Lodges and National Parks Resorts; the accommodation standards and prices vary to suit all needs and requirements from budget to luxury.
You can be assured of quality, comfort and hospitality when selecting an establishment from our vast variety.
In order to maintain the high quality standards New African Frontiers is committed to; we have selected our preferred accommodation establishment suppliers who have made a name for themselves in providing "value for money" services.
Advanced bookings are highly recommended especially outside of major centres and are absolutely essential in July, August, September, October, November and December. Contact us for Bookings
ACCOMMODATION ESTABLISHMENT DEFINITION GUIDE:
- Backpackers - Budget accommodation for the adventurous traveller. A Backpacker and/or Hostelling establishment is an accommodation facility that provides communal facilities, including dormitories yet may offer a range of alternative sleeping arrangements.
- Bed & Breakfast - Mostly situated in the quieter, residential areas of cities and towns. Bed and Breakfast accommodation is usually provided in a family (private) home and the owner/manager lives in the house or on the property. Breakfast is usually served. Bathroom facilities may or may not be en-suite and/or private. In general, the guest shares the public areas with the host family.
- Camping / Caravan Park / Rest Camp - A Caravan and Camping Park is a facility that provides ablution and toilet facilities and space for guests to provide for their own accommodation, such as a tent, motor home and/or caravan.
- Country House - A Country House is a large Guest House, usually situated in natural, peaceful surroundings such as near a nature reserve, a forest, a lake etc. It offers all the services of a hotel, including dinner. Generally caters for transient guests (travelling public).
- City Hotel - City accommodation, varying in standards. Accommodation is offered in twin and single rooms, with suites often available to the discerning traveller and businessman. Breakfast is served daily with a menu available for lunches and dinners.
- Guest House - A guest house is either a converted house, manor, etc. adapted to accommodate overnight guests or it may be a purpose built facility. A guest house is run as a commercial operation and is often owner-managed. A guest house has public areas which are for the exclusive use of the guest. The owner/manager either lives off-site, or in a separate area within the property.
- Country Hotel - Situated in small towns in the rural areas, these establishments offer standard to luxury accommodation at competitive prices. Accommodation is mostly basic with breakfast served daily and a restaurant maybe available for lunches and dinners.
- Country Lodge - A country lodge is an accommodation facility similar to a country hotel but is located in the country side in natural surroundings. In general, food and beverage services are provided for all meals.
- Safari Lodge - Focus on Scenic and Nature Activities - These accommodation facilities are located in natural surrounding with focus on the natural scenic beauty of the area, they generally offer different board basis options and optional nature and scenic activities available to guests. (Activities may include Desert drives etc.)
- Safari / Bush Lodge - Focus on Nature and Game Activities - These accommodation facilities are located in more remote areas, and generally offer fully inclusive packages with focus on Nature and Game activities. (Activities may include fishing etc.)
- Safari / Game Lodge - Prime focus on Game Activities - These accommodation facilities are located in natural surroundings and general offer fully inclusive lodge stays, with prime focus on Game viewing activities in or around a nature reserve.
- Resort - Offer accommodation and facilities suitable for family travel. A variety of facilities such as golf courses, casinos, swimming pools and children's recreational centres and health & beauty spas may be available and caters for the entire family.
- Self-Catering - A house, cottage, chalet, bungalow, flat, studio, apartment, villa, houseboat, tents or similar accommodation where facilities and equipment are provided for guests to cater for themselves.
- Guest Farm - A guest farm is either a converted farm house, manor, etc. adapted to accommodate overnight guests or it may be a purpose built facility. A guest farm is run as a commercial operation and is often owner-managed. A guest farm has public areas which are for the exclusive use of the guest. Guest Farms may offer various activities specific to their farm.
- Beach Resort - Accommodation of varying standard situated along the coastline with an array of water-based activities on offer.
- National Park Resort - Basic accommodation offered in different sized rooms, bungalows, chalets and camping. Amenities include braai facilities, a swimming pool and small shop or kiosk and fuel station.
- Community Based Tourism - Sustainable tourism enterprises in rural areas which allow communities to take part in the tourism sector and to develop businesses, this provides employment opportunities and generates income in the specific region. This in turn provides communities with another livelihood strategy and gives them more control and choice over their own development. Accommodation can vary from camping to rustic accommodation.