This beautiful country has long been a popular tourist destination due to the huge variety of environments, and the amazing cultural, wildlife and landscape heritage. Zimbabwean people remain among the friendliest and most capable in Africa, and the country will undoubtedly rise again to become one of Africa's most popular destinations. Encompassing many ecosystems, landlocked Zimbabwe is home to the magnificent Victoria Falls, the Eastern Highlands mountain range, tranquil Lake Kariba, the largest ancient structure south of the Sahara at Great Zimbabwe and National Parks home to a great variety of wildlife species.
Check your Visa Requirements here.
Why visit Zimbabwe?
- The Victoria Falls – One of the Natural Wonders of the World and possibly the most impressive waterfall you will ever see.
- Great Zimbabwe – The second greatest stone structure in Africa, the origins of which are still a mystery and the source of much academic debate.
- Hwange National Park – The largest and oldest National Park in the Country
- Lake Kariba – One of the continents great lakes however this one is man-made. The vast area of water and wildlife along the shoreline is a prime tourist destination
- Ghonarezhou – One of the first protected areas in the world to involve the local population in conservation programmes
- Bulawayo – Zimbabwe’s second City acts as the gateway to the granite boulders and almost surreal Matopos National Park
Eastern Highlands – The scenic rural setting offers hiking, fishing and spectacular scenery
Tribal Art – Shona sculpture has a world reputation and it is possible to see many famous artists at work
Zambezi Escarpment – The northern reserves and safari areas situated along the Zambezi River and Lake Kariba are prime game viewing locations with exceptional accommodation and activities such as overnight canoeing trips, white water rafting and numerous adrenalin activities in the Victoria Falls area.
How to get there...
International and Regional flights service both Harare and Victoria Falls. Bulawayo, Hwange and Kariba can be linked internally.
A good network of major highways means that Zimbabwe can be readily visited and toured by road from its neighbouring countries.
As Custom Design Safari Specialists we can tailor-make any tour; we build travel itineraries based on the time you have available, holiday budget as well as requests in terms of type of accommodation and any special interests you have.
Gondwana Travel Centre Offers
- First hand, first rate information
- Efficient travel consulting & booking services
- Excellent value for money
- - - - - - -